Lock your supervised iOS device to a single app to focus the device for a specific need such as point-of-sale or kiosk in retail locations. The Single App Mode feature now lets you focus a device for a specific purpose.
Before you begin
- Ensure the device is running iOS 9 or later.
- Device must be Supervised. For more information about Supervision, click here.
Please note: You should not push OS updates after putting a device in Single App Mode. Please ensure that all updates are complete before placing a device into this mode. More information is available here.
1. First, select the Blueprint in which you would like to enable Single App Mode.
2. Select the Single App Mode tab in your selected Blueprint.
3. In the dropdown menu, select the app you would like your devices to be locked into. This list will only include apps already assigned to your Blueprint and Apple system apps.
4. After selecting an app, you will be presented with more options. Check the box for any of the options you would like to add.
5. Once your app and options are selected, click on the Save Single App Mode button.
Please note: For the Single App Mode to be removed, the device must be connected to a WiFi network to receive the command to disable. If you are unable to connect the device to a known WiFi network after Single App Mode has been enabled, you can restore the device to factory settings by plugging the device into iTunes.
Turning off Single App Mode
1. Navigate to the Single App Mode section of the Blueprint you would like to change.
2. To the right of the App to Display drop down menu, click on the red x.
3. To save, click on the Save Single App Mode button.