If you are using Jamf Now in a shared-device environment, you probably want to skip the email settings feature of Jamf Now. Just make sure that email settings are turned off within your Jamf Now account and no email accounts will be setup on enrolled devices. You will still need to enter something for “Username” but this field can be treated as “Display Name” instead. Many organizations use a naming scheme such as “iPad 1” and “iPad 2” instead of typing a username. Jamf Now will automatically populate an email address on the enrollment screen but you can ignore this field since email settings are not being deployed.
Articles in this section
- Setting up Open Enrollment
- What is Open Enrollment?
- How to enroll a Mac without using Open Enrollment.
- How to enroll an iOS device using Open Enrollment.
- Enrolling a Mac with Open Enrollment.
- How to unenroll a device in Jamf Now.
- Enrolling an iOS device without using Open Enrollment.
- Can I use Jamf Now in conjunction with Apple Configurator?
- What is the “Username” field used for when enrolling a device into Jamf Now?
- What if the Mac, iPad or iPhone that I enroll is intended to be shared by multiple people?