Open enrollment is the tool that allows all of your users to add their Macs and iOS devices into Jamf Now themselves.
Note: For most customers, Device Enrollment Program (DEP) is the preferred method for adding devices to Jamf Now. If DEP is not available to you, use Open Enrollment.
You don’t need to share your Jamf Now username and password. Instead, you simply share your unique Open Enrollment URL (example: https://9wt2y4.jamfcloud.com) along with an Access Code (PIN). Your users will navigate to this link on their devices and enroll into Jamf Now.
Here is a step by step guide on how to set up Open Enrollment
- Login to your Jamf Now account at login.jamfcloud.com
- In the left navigation bar, select Open Enrollment.
- The switch on the right side of the window will toggle Open Enrollment on and off. Click on the switch to turn on Open Enrollment.
- You will now have a few set up options for Open Enrollment.
- Input an access code. You will give this code to your users to enroll their devices to your Jamf Now account. They cannot enroll their device without this code.
- Choose how long you'd like to have Open Enrollment stay on. After the specified time, Open Enrollment will turn off.
- You also have the ability to restrict Open Enrollment to a specific IP address.
- Once you are completed with these options, click on the green Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Note your unique Open Enrollment URL at the bottom of the page.
Tip: You can use a link shortener service like https://bitly.com to personalize your Open Enrollment URL
Note: If you would like to make changes to any of your Open Enrollment settings, just turn off Open Enrollment, save, and turn it back on again.