Welcome to the Jamf Now family!
We're excited that you've chosen the powerful combination of Apple + Jamf Now to enable your organization and drive business growth.
The following guide will help you get up and running. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to click on the chat button on this support site or get in touch via email. Enjoy!
Before you begin
Have your account ready
Creating a Jamf Now account couldn't be easier. Head to login.jamfcloud.com to signup then have your account ready as you begin the following walkthrough.
Use a supported platform
Before beginning setup, make sure you are using a supported device and browser:
- Device: Mac or PC
- Browser: Safari, Chrome or Firefox
*Please note: You will not be able to complete this workflow on iOS devices.
Blueprints are the primary way you tell devices how to function while under management with Jamf Now. Blueprints control many aspects of device management, including:
- Distributing apps
- Configuring security settings
- Restricting iTunes, Safari, iMessages, and more
Supervision: While configuring Blueprints, pay attention to the features that require Supervision, a heightened form of device management. Supervising devices is accomplished via Apple's DEP, a program you can read more about in step 4.
To learn more about Blueprints, click here.
2. Apps & VPP
The Volume Purchase Program (VPP) is a free service from Apple for businesses that allows you to manage apps from the App Store in bulk.
Whether you rely on paid or free apps to power your business, this program is a fantastic way to save time and start managing apps across your organization the easy way.
Click here for more info on VPP.
The Apple Push Notifications service (APNs) is how you will create a trusted relationship between your devices, Apple and Jamf. APNs setup is required before you can enroll devices.
To learn more about APNs and begin enrollment, click here.
4. Enrollment & DEP
There are two ways to manage devices in Jamf Now: Open Enrollment or DEP.
- Open Enrollment is a lower form of management that is most commonly used when employees want to bring personal devices into the workplace (known as BYOD). Click here to learn more about Open Enrollment.
- The Device Enrollment Program (DEP) is a free business service from Apple that allows you to configure Apple hardware from the factory, making it ready to go before it even hits your desk. Click here to learn more about DEP.
Finally, if you need additional support throughout this process or need help once you complete setup, our support team is always available via the chat box in the lower-right hand corner of this page or by emailing email@example.com.