Welcome to the Jamf Now family!
We're excited that you've chosen the powerful combination of Apple + Jamf Now to enable your organization and drive business growth.
The following guide will help you get up and running. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to click on the chat button on this support site or get in touch via email. Enjoy!
Before you begin
Have your account ready
Creating a Jamf Now account couldn't be easier. Head to signup.jamfcloud.com to signup then have your account ready as you begin the following walkthrough.
Use a supported platform
Before beginning setup, make sure you are using a recommended device and browser:
- Device: Mac or PC
- Browser: Safari, Chrome or Firefox
Note: You will not be able to complete this workflow on iOS devices. (You can access Jamf Now from a mobile device or tablet, but setup requires a Mac or PC.)
Blueprints are the primary way you tell devices how to function while under management with Jamf Now. Blueprints control many aspects of device management, including:
- Distributing apps
- Configuring security settings
- Restricting iTunes, Safari, iMessages, and more
Supervision: While configuring Blueprints, pay attention to the features that require supervision, a heightened form of device management. Supervising devices is accomplished via automated MDM enrollment, which you can read more about in step 4.
To learn more about Blueprints, click here.
2. Apps and Volume Purchasing
Volume Purchasing of apps is a free service from Apple for organizations that allows you to manage apps from the App Store in bulk.
Whether you rely on paid or free apps to power your business, this program is a fantastic way to save time and start managing apps across your organization the easy way.
Click here for more info on Volume Purchasing.
The Apple Push Notifications service (APNs) is how you will create a trusted relationship between your devices, Apple and Jamf. APNs setup is required before you can enroll devices.
To learn more about APNs and begin enrollment, click here.
4. Enrollment and Apple Deployment Programs
There are two ways to manage devices in Jamf Now: Open Enrollment or automated MDM enrollment.
- Open Enrollment is a lower form of management that is most commonly used when employees want to bring personal devices into the workplace (known as BYOD). Click here to learn more about Open Enrollment.
- Automated MDM enrollment via Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager is a free service from Apple that allows you to configure Apple hardware from the factory, making it ready to go before it even hits your desk. Click here to learn more about automated MDM enrollment.
Finally, if you need additional support throughout this process or need help once you complete setup, our support team is always available via the chat box in the lower-right hand corner of this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.