Jamf Now now offers you better account security with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Jamf Now 2FA works with your favorite authenticator app.
Before you begin
If you have Disable Two Factor by Email turned on and would like to disable this feature, you will need to disable Two Factor completely. You will then be available to turn Two Factor on without the Disable Two Factor by Email option.
Here is a short list of authenticator apps you can find on the App Store:
- Google Authenticator
- OTP Auth
- Free OTP Authenticator
- Sophos Authenticator
Important: If you do not have Email recovery turned on or any of your recovery codes, Jamf Now support does not have the ability to unlock your account. This is a security measure to keep all of our customers and your account safe.
1. Login to your Jamf Now account at login.jamfcloud.com
2. Click Profile under your name in the upper right corner.
3. On the Profile page, select Enable under Two-Step Verification.
4. You will now be asked if you would like to allow for email deactivation of Two Factor. This is a way for you to recovery your account if your two factor authenticator codes are lost. Click continue.
5. A box with a QR code will pop up with numbers underneath. Scan this code with your Authenticator app of choice.
6. After scanning the code into your authenticator app, click continue.
7. To verify the authenticator is working, you will now be prompted to input the 6-digit code provided to you in your authenticator. After entering, click enable.
8. Once the account has been verified, ten 1 time use codes will appear. These can be used to recover access to your account if your authenticator codes are lost. Please print these out and store them somewhere safe.
Your account is now setup with Two-Factor Verification! Every time you log in to Jamf Now, you will now get a prompt to input your 6-digit code.