Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!
While most of us were busy cooking up a romantic meal or binge-watching the Olympics, our development and delivery teams made sure we hit another biweekly code release last night. Here's what's new:
- Google for iOS: The product now offers full Google account support under the Email tab of a Blueprint. We strongly recommend that customers begin using this new account type in place of the existing Gmail option which will now be deprecated.
- Please note: In order to configure Google accounts on iOS devices, you will need to assign each device to a user with their Google email address.
- To assign a device, go to your main device dashboard and then click on the device you wish to assign. In that view, you will see the Assigned To info box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Store your Apple ID: When setting up the Apple Push Notifications service (APNs) and/or the Volume Purchase Program (VPP), you will now have the option to save your Apple ID in Jamf Now. This is particularly useful for users that do not interact with their Apple ID often and may forget the ID over time.
- You will be prompted to save your Apple ID when setting up VPP or APNs.
- View the graphic below to see where the Apple ID will be stored in the product.
- Improved "Remove from Blueprint" workflow: This workflow now provides contextual information for a user that more clearly indicates that they are reassigning a device to a new Blueprint rather than removing it from all Blueprints entirely.
Above: If you choose to store your Apple ID in the product when setting up VPP or APNs, it will be displayed here. This demo environment does not have an Apple ID stored, so it shows "Not Available" where your ID would appear.