Typically enrollment into Jamf Now via DEP occurs during the Setup Assistant for macOS and iOS devices. In the case where your Mac has already completed the Setup Assistant, this article can be used to retroactively enroll your DEP machine into Jamf Now.
Benefits of DEP enrollment
- Access to macOS updates via Jamf Now
- Non-removable management profile
1. macOS version 10.13 or higher.
2. Serial Number of macOS machine is displayed under the DEP > Devices tab. This confirms that Jamf Now recognizes the machine as DEP.
3. Reclaim any previously managed app under the 'macOS Apps' tab of the machine in Jamf Now. The Apps will then need to be manually uninstalled on the machine itself.
4. Ensure the machine is logged into the local account we plan on managing.
DEP Enrollment Workflow
1. Open the 'Terminal' Application for the desired machine and enter the following command below:
sudo profiles renew -type enrollment
2. Once the password for the local account is entered, we should see a prompt appear in the upper righthand corner regarding the enrollment of the machine into Jamf Now. Hit 'Details' and complete the following prompts to install the necessary profiles.
3. The enrollment process is completed once we see the profiles start to populate on the machine under System Preferences > Profiles. The Enrollment profile should be non removable due to the machine being enrolled via Apples DEP.