Whether your organization builds custom iOS applications internally or works with an external third party to bring them to life, Jamf Now empowers you to deploy custom apps to your entire team from one centralized tool.
Before you begin
- Ensure you have the custom app located on your desktop as a .ipa file.
- Deploying custom iOS apps with Jamf Now requires the Jamf Now Plus plan.
- If you are unsure of which account type you are currently using or need to upgrade to the Plus plan, head to the Account page in Jamf Now and look at the Plan section.
Part 1: Uploading to Jamf Now
- With Jamf Now open and the .ipa file ready on your desktop, click on the main Apps menu on the left-hand sidebar then click on Add an App.
- In the top menu bar, click on Upload Your App then drag your app into the window (or click browse to manually find the app).
- Your app is now successfully uploaded and ready to deploy. Next, begin assigning that app to groups of devices with Blueprints.
Part 2: Deploying to devices
- With your app uploaded, click on Blueprints in the main left-hand menu bar.
- Select a Blueprint or create a new one using the buttons at the top of the screen.
- Within a Blueprint, click on the Apps sub-menu to view the apps currently deployed to devices in that Blueprint.
- Click Add an App on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the custom app from the menu that pops up to deploy it to all devices assigned to the Blueprint.
If you need additional assistance with deploying custom iOS apps, contact our support team.