This is a big week for the Jamf Now family so we're skipping the usual pleasantries and jumping straight into the notes. Without further ado...
Announcing: Custom iOS apps and macOS .pkg deployment
Our entire team is excited to finally take the wraps off of a major product evolution: the addition of custom iOS apps and macOS package deployment!
- Custom iOS app (.ipa) deployment
Enjoy deploying apps not available in the App Store - also known as “third party” or “in house” apps - with the power of custom iOS app deployment in Jamf Now.
If you have ever actively developed an app for distribution outside the App Store or worked with an outside vendor to do so, custom iOS app deployment is a vital tool for making those applications available to your workforce.
- macOS package (.pkg) deployment
Empowers Jamf Now customers to roll up custom apps and scripts into a package file for distribution. Popular payloads include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Chrome.
We know that these two tools are a major upgrade for many of you that work with custom applications or simply want to deploy major software not available in the App Store.
Introducing: Jamf Now service plans
- Jamf Now Standard plan
- The management and security features that customers know and love.
- Jamf Now Standard plan is still just $2/device/month.
- Jamf Now Plus plan
- All the features included in Standard as well as two additional premium features for users seeking advanced management capability: custom iOS deployment and macOS package deployment.
- Jamf Now Plus plan is available today for $4/device/month.
Service plans are available today. Head to your Jamf Now account page to check out the new plan options and upgrade your account. Please note that changes in plan are account wide and take effect immediately.
Jamf Now Balance: in-product purchasing
Since launching Jamf Now Balance - a new way to pre-pay for any amount of service and store that value in your account - last month, we have been working to increase the number of ways in which you can purchase Balance.
With today's release, we're adding new functionality that allows you to top up the amount of Balance in your account faster than ever.
- To purchase Balance directly in Jamf Now, simply navigate to your Account page and click on Reload Balance under the Wallet section.
- Resolved an issue where some inventory data (asset tag, purchase date and notes field data) would be lost when a device was wiped and re-enrolled.
- Resolved an issue where a macOS device might fail to activate FileVault encryption upon initial enrollment.